Thursday, December 6, 2012

Interior Motives & Outer Spaces

Interior design is and has always been my passion. As a teenager, when my girlfriends were buying Tiger Beat and 16, I was buying magazines with house plans and design ideas.
Years later, after the kids were grown, I decided to go back to school and study Interior Design and Environment. My studies eventually led me to a job working for a design firm in Silicon Valley for several years.

Since moving to Hawaii, I've been researching Hawaiian style design. Hawaii has some of the best interior designers and architects in the world. Sit back and enjoy the beauty of the islands...design aloha style.



Living room with 100 year old Kona coffee tree
Jennifer Day Interiors
 
Formal dining on the lanai at night with the lights of Kona below
 
    Powder room with koi painting

Kona dining room
(forget the rattan, floral prints and hula dancers)

 
 
 
The photos below are designs from some of the top architects in Hawaii


The Kona Residence
Belzerg Architects & MLK Studio

Entrance to The Kona Residence

 
 
 






The Ocean House - Maui
Olson Kundig Architects





The Slaughterhouse Beach Residence
Not quite sure why it's called The Slaughterhouse...hopefully, that's the client's name!! ;o))
Close to a well known surfing spot on Maui, it is not your average surfing hut.
Take a look...






 


 
 
Until next time...Aloha nui loa



 

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what happened to my last comment. But I really liked the kona residence bedroom with the ceiling accent wood that transforms into a headboard. What a work of art. I wanted to see if you liked any of our projects, more design than architectural, but check them out http://www.iconichomedesign.com If you really like them you can put them on your site. Thank you for your great blogspot page!

    ReplyDelete